Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today's Question: Does Your Job Make You Happy?







Or are you just happy to have a job? Especially when you think about the 70,000+ Americans that have lost jobs in the past 48 hours. I am fortunate to both have a job and have one that makes me happy. I've been at SBC Advertising for two years. It's a great place to work with great people. As a member of the Public Relations department at this full-service agency located in Columbus, Ohio, I have the coveted opportunity to work with national brands every day!

And, every day I learn something new--and that's extremely important to me, because when you stop learning, what's left? It never ceases to amaze me when and where I learn new things--reading online articles, during meetings or even in the employee cafe. You just need an open mind and open ears!

So, what about your job make you happy?

3 comments:

  1. what makes me happy about my job is that i learn something new almost daily. although, i must admit that there is a part of me (right now) that is just happy to HAVE a job. it's hard not to let all this media coverage about the economy influence your thoughts on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to have a job... I suppose. Not much about it makes me happy because it is just that, a job, not a career. It is not what I want to do but it (barely) pays the bills.

    This economy has caused me to pull back on taking the risk and going after the career I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great point about the difference about a career and a job. Unfortunately, in times like this, jobs might be more available.

    ReplyDelete