Friday, January 28, 2011

Today's Question: Can You Be a Millennial at Heart?


Millennials have grown up experiencing major events in an entirely new way. They've witnessed and participated in uprisings in countries organized through digital media; had access to Facebook long before other generations; and aren't tied to geographical locations when connecting and maintaining friends. They knew about Skype long before I had my first smartphone.

But just like an "emo" high school student, a millennial is defined as mindset, not by age. So at 35, I've decided that I want my life experience coupled with a Millennial Mindset.

I want to workout (or have a private dance party) in my living room with my Xbox Kinect; I want to watch episodes of Glee while tweeting about the the celebrity guest stars; I want to get badges from Foursquare; I want to "untag" myself from photos on Facebook.

At the end of the day, it's really about connecting with people across all generations--no matter how they get labeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment