Monday, February 7, 2011

Today's Question: Did You Participate in the Most "Social" SuperBowl Sunday?

I did...with the gusto of a "kid in a candy store"-thanks for that reference, Carmax. In fact, I got so wrapped up in tweeting and posting, that I nearly forgot that there was a professional sporting event going on.

The running commentary on Twitter and Facebook had me in stitches, from the flubbed up lyrics during the National Anthem to the A-Rod/Diaz feeding frenzy, those four hours of sitting in front of two screens (sometimes three) flew by!

But, it was exhausting. Today I realized that I missed some commercials, big plays and maybe even some quality one-on-one spoken communication with friends...instead I typed away, replied and posted my own thoughts on everything from commercials to the halftime show.

In spite of all of this, it was exciting to be a part-even if it was minor-in the most "social" SuperBowl Sunday and it proves that social media is a very powerful tool that can be used to organize groups of people, influence decisions and make differences in our world...and it is accessible to some many people.


No comments:

Post a Comment