Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today's Question: Do You Ever Miss Being an Intern?

This week at SBC Advertising, we launched an exciting summer intern program. In addition to some field trips, our interns have been given a real-world assignment. Oh, and to add to the drama, a little friendly competition is involved. In three weeks, two teams of interns will be presenting to a group of agency executives!



As the ideas started flying around the conference room, I realized that I missed the opportunities provided by my internships. Some of the highlights include:




  1. Be a sponge. You get to absorb everything—take advantage of it.


  2. Experience things for the first time. Everything you experience is still exciting and new; whether it’s a photo shoot or writing a press release.


  3. Go beyond the “classroom” curriculum. Some things professors just can’t teach you, such as the importance of conference reports and change orders.




But for now, the heat is on for our interns…I just get to sit back and relax on July 31!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Krista!

    I definitely enjoyed my internship experience at SBC. The great thing about interning at an agency is the variation in tasks, clients, people and resources. A way to learn a lot at once!

    Keep us updated on the competition; it sounds like a fun "task," and I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete